Welcome to Betterbill Photography.
My desire is to show the world through photography what a wonderful place we all live in. I do this mostly with landscape and travel photography with some macro shots thrown in. I also want to chronicle the activities, holidays and growing up of my family. This past year I had the privilege of being a volunteer photographer for the city of Lenexa and photographed many of their events.
Following are my photography goals for 2012 and the outcomes:
1. Take a photography class or workshop. Took 2 classes one workshop.
2. Enter at least three photo competitions. Entered three took third place in Johnson County Art Fest.
3. Join a photo club. - Digital Dimensions Photo Club.
4. Spend more time on floral and macro photography. Some
5. Go on at least four photo walks/excursions for example: The Plaza, a Zoo, KU Campus, O.P. Arberatum, etc...Yes, very effective still need to visit a zoo.
6. Continue to photograph the icons and landscape of Kansas. - Yes
7. Photograph in the Four Corners area: Monument Valley, Canyonlands NP, Archs NP, etc. Not accomplished.
8. Bicycle and photograph Lighthouses on the Atlantic Coast or Florida's Gulf Coast. Yes, Florida's Gulf Coast.
9. Create a Photo Book using Blurb or a similar service. Not Accomplished.
10. Visit at least one art/photo gallery or museum per month. - Yes.
Photography goals for 2013:
1. Finish and publish Blurb TransAm Bicycle Book.
2. Finish photographing Kansas and publish Blurb book.
3. Learn and develop "casual" portrait techniques.
4. Attend two photo workshops.
5. Visit five art/photography galleries or shows.
6. Projects: Black & White, Shadows, Reflections - 30 of each.
7. Photograph Atlantic Coast lighthouses.
8. Go on at least four photo walks including a zoo.
9. Spend a week photographing in Yellowstone.
10. Enter at least three photo competitions.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.
For questions about prints I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like Smugmug and decide to become a member to show off your great photos you can save $5 by entering my email, or the coupon code Gvdp402LLSXqk. It will also help me pay for this great service.
Thanks for visiting betterbill photography.